Facing the End

Papa Tango

I See Things...
Pioneer
Post Score
facing-the-end.jpg

A good image should often have a backstory. Approximately 30 feet behind this barn, another barn of the same cultural era was on fire--and that side of this building and its cupola were beginning to char and burn. Three different local VFD engines were on the scene and delivering a yeoman's effort into controlling the original fire and keeping this one and another from becoming fully engaged as well. Water from the hoses made a mist at times on my side, and several droplets that landed on the lens protector are visible. I left them in just because they belong to the story...

Title: Facing the End
Nikon D7100; Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR

@samstevens thank you for reminding me that a story sometimes needs to be told deeper into its arc. Somewhere is some forum, likely PN--we traveled into a discussion about change over time. Although I think that is pertinent to the image as well (static content versus cultural beliefs), the aftermath can certainly illuminate the past, and accompany another image.

So, I took off this morning and stood in the footprint of the building which had been consumed. There was a sadness in the loss of this building, not just for its presence in the continuum of architectural fabric in time, but the fact that it housed 20+ years of sets, props, backdrops, and lighting equipment that were the core platform of our community theatre company... :(

This image is of the backside of the conflagration--albeit three years later. Note that the patterned window visible on the initial image is no longer there, as it was consumed shortly after I captured the image that began this thread. 🔥

P.S. Even in the digital age, an old-school circular polarizing filter is still your friend... :unsure:

Fujifilm X-T5; NIKKOR AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR

what-remains-the-other-side.jpg

QUICK NAV>Click Arrow to Expand

Latest Posts

Top Bottom