See Me...

Papa Tango

I See Things...
Pioneer
Post Score
See Me
Nikon D7100; Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR

see-me-v2023.png

This image was originally captured in 2019, as part of my obsession with "Carnival People." This stunning person was running the "Duck Ring Toss" floating skill game. Toss the ring onto the floating duck, and win a prize.

Cruising around the midway I ran upon her a second time. The first time there were no appurtenances on her head... She was showing a boy about 8 how to toss the rings when I came into range. Then her head turned to me, and another of those HCB thingies... :unsure:

Not too long after making the image, I decided on a visualization scheme and went to hard print. These days though, four years is a long time in terms of photographic resources and internal growth as to how I 'feel' the image content and moment. But enough of that drivel, and right on to the reworking.

Capture One is a recent part of my workflow for both Fuji and Nikon images. PhotoShop has evolved to making edits that took hours before possible in minutes--with finer results. In the previous iteration, I went very dark with a layer mask around the subject to eliminate anything but black. As the original Nikon image was made at 6400 ISO, there were some unpleasant issues, especially in the transitions from shadow to highlights. This has been mended, the original background fabric restored, and a slight reframing crop to set visual angles. Some stuff too on adjustments... :cool:

P.S. The eyes are hers. That is what captivated me from the beginning. The following year I returned to this carnival with some prints of folk whose images I had captured. Most were given out--but sadly this person did not come back that season...

QUICK NAV>Click Arrow to Expand

Latest Posts

Top Bottom