Open to All Camera Brands starting this week. The Forum Formerly Known as Canon Thursday. (Apologies to Prince) October 24, 2024

Mark Keefer

Contributor
Group Mod
Charter Member
Post Score
It's a photographer's showdown of sorts, October 24, 2024. Please pardon some changes to this forum that will be happening over the next few weeks.

Welcome to (Apologies to Prince) the forum formerly known as Canon Photo Thursday, a forum that was a carryover from a bygone era.

Truth be told, the times are a changing. Many Canon shooters have moved on to other camera brands for various reasons.
FotoFora is a dynamic evolving site and has to keep up with the times.

Do you still shoot with Canon or have you moved on to another Brand like Nikon, Sony, Leica, Pentax, Fuji, Hasselblad, or perhaps back to an old medium format film camera. Perhaps you are still using your Canon lenses or perhaps you never owned Canon gear.

Regardless of what you are shooting with, this forum is for you. Open to all brands and types of camera. Introducing the all new battle of the cameras, a weekly camera competition (all in good fun) where shooters enter their images listing gear used and techniques, competing for the honor of best shot of the week. With it comes fame, honor and accolades. Several images enter over the week, one will be chosen weekly as victorious by a peer review considering lighting, tone, style, technique, pizazz, wow factor... The images must be real, no AI generated images. Post editing is permitted even using the latest noise removal and sharpening, color and lighting adjustments all good, B&W filters are fine...just no asking AI to create an image.

I will start with two similar images shot today along the Susquehanna River and the old Walnut Street Bridge going from Wormlysburg to Harrisburg, PA.
One using the Canon 5D MK IV with a Canon 17-40mm L lens, the second image using a Sony A7R3 with a Sigman 85mm Art Canon EF mount a Metabones 5 adaptor for Canon EF Mount Sony E mount.

Walnut Street Bridgw 49554 10-23-2024 (1 of 1).jpg

Walnut Street Bridgw DSC01870 10-23-2024 (1 of 1).jpg

This bridge had a section collapse in 1996. The bridge has never been repaired. Here is a LINK to a video of the bridge collapse.

Last edited:
Hi Mark thanks for starting the thread. I still have plenty of Canon files but now use Fuji gear the switch was mainly due to a need for weight saving.
This photo was seen from what was underfoot, due to the focal length used it has been cropped. Since the introduction of the denoise feature in Lightroom I no longer worry about high ISO, for this I used 4000 ISO.
Gear Fuji X-T30ii XF27mm f2.8.
LeafLitter_F4865-891.JPG

Hi Mark thanks for starting the thread. I still have plenty of Canon files but now use Fuji gear the switch was mainly due to a need for weight saving.
This photo was seen from what was underfoot, due to the focal length used it has been cropped. Since the introduction of the denoise feature in Lightroom I no longer worry about high ISO, for this I used 4000 ISO.
Gear Fuji X-T30ii XF27mm f2.8.
View attachment 3539
Gerald, I agree no worries on noise, ISO 4000 us performing well. Nice colors and composition in this shot. Great image. Your older Canon shots are welcome here always. Thanks for being a regular here.

The newer cameras of the last decade have come a long way in improving noise and with the new noise removal in post editing, it is like we got a camera upgrade. I use Adobe Lightroom and/or On1 which does a AI noise reduction and sharpening. It truly is like a camera upgrade.

QUICK NAV>Click Arrow to Expand

Latest Posts

Top Bottom