Canon Photo Thursday June 27, 2024

Mark Keefer

Site Regular
Group Mod
Pioneer
Post Score
Happy Thursday
Welcome to Canon Photo Thursday on this summer solstice.

Share your epic, fun, cool, and/or interesting photo with everyone here on FotoFora.
Show us your vision, your style, your projects, your travels, adventures, photo missions or just something you shot that captured your fancy. You all know the drill, post one,
two, three, or more photos shot from your Canon EOS Camera (SLR or DSLR or Mirrorless,
PowerShot, Rangefinder). Was your camera made by Canon? If so, post your shots.

Canon 5D MK IV - Canon 17-40mm f/4 L

Amateur Radio Field Day 2024 where HAM radio operators set up stations in fields, parks and tents operating with generators, solar and batteries for a practice drill preparing for emergency disaster situations across the USA what ever they may be. This event runs for 24 hours starting in the afternoon on Saturday and ending in the afternoon on Sunday.
This turns into a contest to rack up as many contacts as possible and the stations do their best to work a full 24 hours on all HAM radio bands and modes of operation from CW (Morse Code) Phone (Voice) and the newer digital modes.

PWA Field Day 2024 46450-.jpg

PWA Field Day 2024 46460-.jpg

It was my first shack right after getting licensed in 2007 in Kentucky. Anthony was 4 then, and he loved Field Day!

I have buried myself in bench queens down in the shop. An NC-300 is halfway through a complete rebuild--and will end up a 303. A Viking Ranger $40 rescue is pulled down and being assessed for component replacement. Then there are the two PACO generators that I could not leave at the flea market... You know how it can go. Just finished putting a digital display in a Heathkit SB-303, and will do the complete front-to-back alignment tomorrow.

The last iteration of the shack here in New York is to be found on QRZ. I did a couple of years there for Fred Lloyd as general manager of the forums.

QUICK NAV>Click Arrow to Expand

Latest Posts

Top Bottom