ChatGPT likes my photography...

Papa Tango

I See Things...
Itinerant Pragmatist
Post Score
Messing about today, I decided to explore ChatGPT, and find out what it could tell me about myself. Here is the story.

I first signed in with my Google account. Then I asked it about myself and said that I lived in New York. On the first round I was given an answer that there were too many of me here in NY, and I needed to be more specific. Hmmm...

CGPT follows the conversation and extends it, so this time I simply entered what ‘his’ website address is. This was the response:

Thank you for providing Patrick Thrush's photography website. After visiting the website, I can see that Patrick Thrush is a fine art photographer based in New York City. He specializes in creating black and white images of architecture, landscapes, and cityscapes.

One of his projects is called "The Art of Abandoned Spaces," where he photographs abandoned buildings and structures in various states of decay. He captures the beauty of these forgotten places and explores the relationship between architecture and the natural world.

Another project of his is called "Cityscapes," where he captures the bustling energy and architectural beauty of New York City. He uses a unique blend of long exposure and black and white photography to create stunning images that showcase the city's iconic landmarks.

Overall, Patrick Thrush's photography is characterized by a strong sense of composition, attention to detail, and a deep appreciation for the beauty of the built environment.

Nope, no joy here either. After a few more rounds of refining the questions, it presented me with this:

After looking at https://papatango.photography, it appears that Patrick Thrush is a fine art photographer based in New York City. His work primarily focuses on cityscapes and objects, showcasing the beauty and energy of the urban and textual environments.

In particular, his work often features bold, vibrant colors and striking compositions, capturing the dynamic interplay of light and shadow in his subjects. He also employs a variety of techniques, such as long exposures and intentional camera movement, to create unique and evocative images.

Overall, Patrick Thrush's photography showcases a deep appreciation for the beauty and complexity of the world around us. His images are both visually stunning and thought-provoking, inviting viewers to reflect on their own experiences of the world and the ways in which we interact with it.

No amount of coercion could convince this sage that I did not live in the City. It must suffer from the same concept that much of America does, in that the entire state is just an extension of the Big Apple.

To get this information, it robbed and rephrased language from my artist statement, and whatever ephemera it encountered about my images. But I must say, it is a better elevator statement than the one I currently have! At this point, I told it the last answer was better, and ‘regenerated’ the answer. Now it added an entire paragraph about my portrait work—which was a collage of my work and that of the first photographer they alluded to.

Attempts to refine this became increasingly inconsistent and off-target. I also saw how someone could game the system by providing information that it whipped around and provided some rephrased reply reflecting that erroneous information. This thing loves to rephrase things to appear original.

I think I will wait a bit before asking this turkey anything else…

What is that old saw "Any press is good press"? Strange intersections these days.

Last edited:
Just stumbled on this post and message area (still exploring) I just almost tried ChatGPT. It wanted my email address. I reluctantly gave it my Gmail address. Next it wanted my birth date. No. So I gave it an internet alternate date. Next it wanted my mobile phone number. Oh, hell no. Closed the tab. It wants too much personal info to just ask a couple questions. What next? Will it want my SS number, bank account and routing number, credit cards, mother's maiden name, city I was born in.... Everyone expects people to hand over personal info. Then sign up for LifeLock so they can tell you when your identity is being stolen.

Ok, I am going off on a tangent, but what the heck. My wife and I were planning on grocery shopping. She pulled out the iPhone, "Hey Siri, make a grocery list" Siri made some comment like I can't do that"

I wondered if my Samsung Galaxy S21 Android could make a list. "Hey Google"...wait for prompt "Make a grocery list". Response, "You don't have a grocery list". I know, "Hey Google" ...."make a grocery list", eventually it created the list, I am pretty sure it said it did. "Hey Google"...."Open grocery list" or perhaps I said edit it or add to grocery list. Response "You don't have a grocery list."

At this point, I don't think AI, at least the one in my phone, is going to take over the world, at least not yet.

So, I grab a piece of paper and pen and proceed to write the grocery list.

QUICK NAV>Click Arrow to Expand

Latest Posts

Top Bottom