Eclipse April 8, 2024 from overcast Southeast Pennsylvania.

Mark Keefer

Contributor
Group Mod
Charter Member
Post Score
It was a clear morning here in Southeastern PA right up until the eclipse. Somehow I managed to pull off about 500 shots through dense cloud cover. I did not have a dedicated solar filter, so a used my 70-200mm Tamron f/2.8 on the Canon 5D MK IV, on tripod and used two circular polarized filters slightly offset to make an adjustable light filter, a couple ND filters and a UV filter, then I set up the Wi-Fi remote shooting with the Canon App on an Android tablet so I would not have to look through the viewfinder at the eclipse, thus saving my eyes. I also used a cloth over the lens between shots to minimize risk to the aperture blades in the lens or the camera sensor. The clouds helped too, and all this going through my house wi-fi router. So this is a repeat of cloudy conditions I had shooting the 2017 eclipse here in Southeastern PA. Here are a few shots through the clouds. The tree with blue sky was taken just before the eclipse looking to the Northeast (opposite direction of the eclipse and clouds) while I was setting up the camera. The weather here was the cards I was delt, I still consider myself fortunate to have the shots I got. And that's the latest from Southeastern Pennsylvania.
Eclipse day 1x1 45774 (1 of 1).jpg
Eclipse day 1x1 45834 (1 of 1).jpg
Eclipse day 1x1 45921 (1 of 1).jpg
Eclipse day 1x1 45975 (1 of 1).jpg
Tree Eclipse day (1 of 1).jpg

QUICK NAV>Click Arrow to Expand

Latest Posts

Top Bottom