Fujifilm releases new firmware, autofocus improvement, and App!

Papa Tango

I See Things...
Itinerant Pragmatist
Post Score
My favorite Fuji person Chris Lee (Pal2Tech) has posted a basic review of the new firmware and app last week.

New Fujifilm Firmware updates bring better autofocus to the X-H2 and X-T5 and the ability to use and support the new camera app to many other camera models. He goes over all the details and changes. The following cameras are affected: GFX100S, GFX50S II, XH2S, X-H2, X-Pro3, X-T5, X-T4, X-T3, X-S10, X-T30, X-A3, X-A10, X-A20, and X100V. 👍 Get the firmware updates here: https://fujifilm-x.com/global/support...

I recently carried out a firmware update on my Fuji X-T30ii, needed to enable use of the new fuji X-app. After which I'm able to use the app (not sure it is of benefit to me), I was not pleased to find it zeroed the shutter count. This has not happened with previous firmware updates, checking online I cannot find any reference to others having experiencing this. I may have done something in error (wouldn't be the first time) but I don't think so. If this is normal a warning would have been good.

@Gerald Cafferty where does this "zeroing" occur? If you were to upload an ultimate image to one of the following counters, what would it show?

And did it reset the camera image numbering--such as _DSF000.JPG?

The previous app from Fuji was sheer garbage. I really cannot recall something that was buggier or dropped connections to things as it did. The new Fuji-X app is an entire epoch of functional difference. This is one of the great things I like about Fuji--is that they listen to their user base.

In any event, with the new updates and app, the camera creates new folders on the primary storage disk (always #1) and stores info. When the smartphone app connects and syncs to the phone, the data in these folders is called up and constructs what you see displayed in the app--and on your camera.

EVERYTHING YOU DID prior to installing the upgrade and the accompanying app is lost to time. There was no info stored in these folders, as what was necessary for that to happen did not exist. I learned this quite to my surprise--being told that I only had <100 images--and KNEW that I had just returned from a week's worth of shooting over 1400 images... :unsure:

This makes for yet another digital duty pain in the ass task. Unless something or someone tells me differently, I must use the same storage cards over and over again. Unless (again) I copy and transfer these folders to the new primary disk. I hope that this is not truly the case, but my ditherings seem to lean really hard to the "do it or else" path.

I have heard that bug fixes, enhancements, and underlying changes are on the way for the next release of the app. I am looking to the next release of the camera firmware that continues to tighten up X-Trans autofocus speed and tracking.

It will be soon, which is why I love my Fujichrome... 🛠️

Last edited:
Hi Papa, Thanks for the reply. Shutter-count.com didn't work, apotelyt.com shows 347, the first photo I still have after the update shows DSCF0021.RAF which tells me the count was indeed zeroed. Prior to the update the last pic taken shows 5836, I know this is not a major problem but it annoys me. GC

QUICK NAV>Click Arrow to Expand

Latest Posts

Top Bottom