Off and Away!

Papa Tango

I See Things...
Itinerant Pragmatist
Post Score
Hello everyone!

I wanted to drop you a message and update members on what is happening right now at FotoFora. One of the things about this site as it goes forward is that it will always be 'member focused' in ways that are transparent and shaped by community needs.

Launching any new internet property is always a journey of surprises. No matter how carefully built, there will always be things that pop up that require adjustment or simplification. Here are a few highlights of the past few days:

Final tweaks have been made to our server environment that speed up things like image delivery and page views.​
Image slider carousels on pages are now set to "Recent" instead of "Random". This way when you arrive, a sampling of new posts will be shown. The previous random was deliberate, for when the forum was in its build stage, it gets pretty boring looking at the same six images all the time... :sleep: Has everyone discovered that they can slide these media carousels?​
I have been working with CloudFlare & Invision Hosting network engineers to deploy 'on the fly' image optimization. This means two things. First, CloudFlare helps FotoFora by storing our common content on distributed servers--so that viewers across the world are delivered faster page views and content. Secondly, by our Invision server not doing the work of image optimization, images are processed as part of uploading and storage. This translates to faster and larger image uploads for you, and expands the number of quality images that an account can store! Three wins, and that will be in place by the end of the week. In the interim, continue to post your wonderful images--it is all seamless!​

Again, welcome to our new community experiment--and I am at your service.

Patrick

QUICK NAV>Click Arrow to Expand

Latest Posts

Top Bottom