Replacement for Canon S95

Bill R

Pioneer
Explorer
Post Score
I want to upgrade from my Canon S95, which I use when I don't want to lug my DSLR and lenses. I’ve had it for four years now.

I'm looking for something with a wider and longer focal length; maybe a larger sensor too. I’ve been reading up on the G16, G1X Mark II, S120, Sony RX100 II, and G7X (which I may not consider since it’s so new and it's on the high end - although I can afford to be a little spendy if a camera is worth it).

IQ is very important, as well as sharpness, low light capabilities (i.e., inside cathedrals and other travel related places – streets, indoor markets, landscapes), decent battery life. I also like to shoot close ups and food shots.

I know some of the cameras have touch screen and/or articulated LCDs, but I’m not sure if those are important.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

I do not like touch screens , but I find the articulated LCD very usefull.
I have a Canon PowerShot G1X (first model) , which I really like , but I do not think that this camera will meet all your needs , it does not do close-ups very well , the low-light performance and IQ however is actually quite good , the newer versions may be better , but I don't know if this is so.

QUICK NAV>Click Arrow to Expand

Latest Posts

Top Bottom