Adobe’s Firefly AI art tools go live, but with a credit plan

I have been beta testing Firefly, it is interesting to play with for me. Text to Image can do some interesting stuff, but on some things it needs some improvement. I am finding it has a hard time with hands, feet, faces. I have the Adobe Photographer package and I find the new generative fill to be a useful tool if needed for things like removing a photographers shadow from a cobblestone street if shooting with sun behind your back, or changing the aspect ratio of a shot where you don't have the image to fill in the blank area. While in some ways it feels like cheating, but these tools open up a lot of possibilities. And this is the kind of stuff that Hollywood has been doing for years and that technology is finally becoming affordable for the average photographer. It looks like Adobe has some real competition to. It will be interesting to see how this develops over the next few years.

Microsoft Edge browser now has an AI assistant that can also generate images you request. It currently does a better job with faces and hands than Firefly and it is free to use and there is no watermark. If you have the browser open, click on the Edge symbol in the upper right corner opens the assistant. Type in your request to make an image of something. It is fun to play with.

QUICK NAV>Click Arrow to Expand

Latest Posts

Top Bottom