Led Zeppelin IV Album Cover Picture

Led Zeppelin IV in my opinion the best Zep album. Thanks for the interesting link.

Old photos tell their own stories. What a different time and culture Lot Long lived in.

Often, images like this tell us about the work and patterns of the people. It can show us a landscape as it once was, and things that were upon it that are no more. But there are still places where being a thatcher is still a viable trade skill.

In the 10th grade, I sat through a journalism class. Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How were drilled into our hormonally scrambled brains.

It strikes me as curious that neither of these articles explains what a 'thatcher' is or does... :unsure:

It strikes me as curious that neither of these articles explains what a 'thatcher' is or does...
It's a UK article and I think most people on this side of the pond would know that a thatcher is a person who works on thatched roofs, i.e. roofs made of a thick layer of straw or similar. Apart from anything else, we were fortunate enough to have a prime minister of that name a few years back.
Two nations divided by a common language? On another photo forum I once described a camera as "somewhat Heath Robinson" to the puzzlement of American members.

QUICK NAV>Click Arrow to Expand

Latest Posts

Top Bottom