Anti AI software is beginning to surface

I have already been seeing obvious AI images showing up in Click Bait ads. (one was an ad showing a $50 bill, and I would bet a nickel it was made by FireFly.) I recognized the distorted face image created. Sometimes they can be disturbing. But I know it will improve and there are other art AI programs that are pretty good.

I think it is inevitable, it will be increasingly used in creative projects, art, photos, voice, voice-over, actors, movies, stock market predictions, weather, manufacturing, design, house cleaning, driving cars and trucks, food preparation, checkout, stocking shelves and delivery, manipulating public opinion and mind set of the masses, keeping control of the populace, policing, warfare...

Soon people will voluntarily hook their brains directly into this to be smarter, think faster, play games, augmented/virtual reality...the stuff of science fiction is upon us.

AI is here and is already potentially messing you up with a load of old tosh:

I browse ebay for a lot for camera stuff, and have been puzzled recently by the descriptions. A lot of them are in similar chatty style, with rather flowery and over the top claims about the item. All from different sellers. Well I was listing an item earlier, and noticed something new – an option to "Use AI Description". I tried it and my careful description, including postage details etc, was immediately replaced by one of these chatty generic descriptions.

Thus,my original listing: "A USSR Helios 44-2 58mm f/2 M42 screw prime lens, serial number0433394, a Zeiss Sonnar design said to be good for swirly Bokeh.It's in poor condition as described below, I'mselling it for spares or repair but it still makes nice pictures, as examples attached with itadapted to a Canon DSLR. This version has an 8 blade preset aperture- the front click stopped ring pre-selects the taking aperture, and the rear ring swaps between full and taking apertures. In this lens the front pre-selecting ring is completely seized. The rear ring turns freely but it's only possible to turn it from full aperture down to around F/8.
Optics have no obvious haze or fungus, minor internal dust. There are multiple faint cleaning marks to the front and rear elements as pictured. Focus action is smooth and light."

And the AI version:"ThisHelios 44-2 lens is a fantastic option for photography enthusiasts looking to capture stunning portraits and full-frame shots. Its manual focus type and prime focal length of 58mm allow for precisecontrol over your images. The lens is compatible with M42 mount and filters sized at 49mm, making it easy to integrate into your existing gear. This particular lens was manufactured in the 1970s in the Russian Federation and weighs only 250g. Although it has some wear and tear, it can still capture beautiful pictures. Whether you're a professional or amateur photographer, this Helios 44-2 will help youachieve exceptional results."

As a college professor, AI has become one of those things that we just have to deal with unfortunately.

There's all kinds of discussion out there about detecting it, etc, but ultimately I've just decided to move as much as I can to on paper, in person where using ChatGPT or whatever is pretty obvious.

Meanwhile, I'll just enjoy some of the small benefits that AI can offer photographers, like how great AI noise reduction works in Lightroom :)

QUICK NAV>Click Arrow to Expand

Latest Posts

Top Bottom